Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A new twist on Independence Day

Today was the first day of Kindergarten...they start several days after the rest of school so the teachers can meet individually with the kids and parents. Today had an underlying theme of "independence."
  • First she got up at 5:15 instead of when I usually wake her up at 6:00...she said it was because she was soooo excited about school.
  • Then she wanted to dress herself (she usually does, but she got her clothes out herself)...she turned around at me in the room with her arm and hand straight out and said, "No, mamma, I can do it myself!"
  • I was planning on taking her to school for pictures and to check out the routine, but she wanted to go on the van from day care (not).
  • As we pulled into the parking lot at school, she asked me to stay there so she could go by herself (double not)...then she proceeded to run to the school once we hit the sidewalk.
  • And finally, when I went after school to meet her and see the routine, she said hello, but then didn't want anything to do with me. Wow, what a big kid!!!
We promised her that if she didn't cry all day, we'd take her to Chuck E Cheese's for dinner...we BOTH met the challenge. On the way home, she crashed in the truck before she could even finish her lolly pop...it's hard work being such a big kid!!!

No comments: