Monday, August 4, 2008

Welcome!

Let me start by introducing myself and my family to you. I have been married to a wonderful man for over 10 years. His is my biggest scrapbooking supporter...and enabler. We are blessed to have a beautiful daughter, Erica, who is almost 5 years old. I started scrapbooking about 6 years ago after a 3-week vacation to Africa. Can you believe, of all the photos we took, I was in TWO of them...that's probably no surprise to most of you. After I completed the album about our trip to Africa, I had enough time to finish getting ready for the arrival of our daughter...and now she's my main inspiration.

You know my expensive hobby is scrapbooking...Jeff's expensive hobby is trap shooting. He keeps asking me when I'm going to scrapbook him and HIS hobby...maybe when I'm caught up with Erica (do we ever really get caught up?) or when I'm not feeling inspired by Erica (ha...like that'll ever happen). So what has he done to try and improve his odds of being scrapbooked? He's teaching our daughter how to shoot. I'm still not sure how I REALLY feel about it, but he's VERY safe and as a certified 4-H instructor, I know he's doing all the right things. He was also selected as a volunteer instructor two years ago for the Junior Olympic Development Training Camp. So I have every faith in the world in him and his training abilities.

Two weeks ago Jeff and his dad took Erica to the gun club to shoot a BB gun (aka "baby gun" as Erica called it). With their help, she took aim at a Coke can and tore it apart...well, maybe most of the holes are from Jeff and his dad. But then they came across a friend of their who was with his girl friend's 9-yr old daughter and a PINK .22 rifle. They helped Erica with her aim and she NAILED a target. Figuring it was a fluke, they tried again...same result. So Jeff bought her a .22 rifle of her own...and convinced her that this GREEN rifle was better than PINK. We went to the gun club last night and I watched her shoot for the first time. At a distance of 20 feet, she shot at 6 metal silhouette targets. Before I could even get set with my camera, she had already shot the first target off the 4x4 wood block. WOW!!! We were there for about 30 minutes and she probably shot 80% or better at the silhouettes. Jeff's already looking forward to the Summer Olympics in 2020...