Monday, December 29, 2008

2009 Goals and/or Resolutions

Do you make goals or resolutions each New Year? I try to...but honestly, I have never written them down, so I always for get them. I guess one way of looking at that is now I don't know what I've failed at Have you thought about your goals for 2009 yet? I have...and now I'm writing them down:
  1. I have always wanted to make an acrylic album. I went to an all inclusive retreat at the Sweetwater House and LOVED IT!!! One of the projects was a tiny acrylic album (an arrow). I would like to try another one from scratch...a larger one.
  2. This past year I completed at least one 2-pg layout a month. I'm finding myself making more and more 1-pg layouts (and LOVING it). So I'd like to increase that to a total of 5 layouts a month (this way I don't beat myself up if I don't do 2-pagers)
  3. CLEAN my scrap room...AND KEEP it clean!!! Jeff has tempted me with allowing me to go on retreats outside of AK if I could keep my room clean. This year it doesn't look like there's money in the budget for a retreat, but I'm hoping if I can clean it and keep it clean, he'll change his mind...shhhh, don't let him in on my secret plan
  4. Following up on #3, I'd like to attend a weekend retreat as a scrapper to be productive. I think our budget and family schedule will allow a retreat in state, but I'd also like to go back to the Sweetwater House again!!!
  5. I host an informal crop at my house on the Fourth Friday of every month. I'd like to be more consistent with that so I can be productive!!!

Stay tuned...as I complete these goals, I'll post the results. Wish me luck. And good luck with your 2009 goals, too!!!

1 comment:

Dalon said...

goals are a GREAT way to make plans and work toward them! I applaud you for writing them down, but have to say I'm a bit envious that you've gotten so far ... I *like* to write mine by Jan 1st, but last year didn't write down a single thing! this year I've started, but I also started my holiday cards in November ... they didn't make it out til Dec 22nd :-( good on ya!! :D