Monday, May 11, 2009

1-pg vs 2-pg layouts?

Let's get you thinking about your scrappin' again...You can tell from my layouts that I prefer multiple photos (Jeff's influence). Do you scrap more 1-pg or 2-pg layouts. I used to only scrap 2-pg layouts...I should say about 90-95% of my layouts tend to be 2-pg layouts. A couple of things happened that has changed that a little:

First, I create monthly layouts as a class for a group of ladies. It started as 1-pg layouts, and after a few years, I went to 2-pg layouts because most of us scrapped mostly 2-pg. Then last year a few ladies asked me if I would go back to 1-pg layouts because they were getting stressed about finding enough photos for the layouts.

The second thing that happened was me finding AC Bailey last year...check out the gallery and all the talented ladies on the Design Team. They are SOOOOO inspirational, as are the challenges they create for us. Since very few layouts are my own design/creation (I'm a HUGE "lifter"), I've found myself creating more 1-pg layouts based on their designs.

Put these two things together and I think I'm down to about 50-50 on 1-pg vs 2-pg layouts. This layout is based on a layout I found on Jenn's blog (she's VERY talented, too...check her out). As I was putting it together, I decided I had too many pictures for one page, so I turned it into a 2-pg layout. It was the perfect design to be a 1-pg or 2-pg layout. Thanks, Jenn, for the inspiration!!! The papers are Kaiser's Squadron, as are the epoxy brads. I added some K & Co stickers and tags that coordinated nicely (had to hunt and pack in the tags since some of the designs had a few too many flourishes and lace elements...but I think it works).

1 comment:

Elizabeth Bracco said...

I alaways love your lo's. You make it look so effortless. I think it just depends on how many photos and what supplies I am using. I kind of let the photo(s) talk to me. Or maybe that is just the other voices in my head?? ;)