Saturday, October 17, 2009

Boo!

So this is totally a layout out of context...do you ever scrap out of context? Let me tell you how much fun it is...I totally let myself go. I used pattern paper for the background (I may have two or three others) and adhered the photos off center (ugh...very hard for me to do). If you haven't noticed, my scrapping style is very linear. I think that's from being a math major in school. I lifted the layout from a very talented lady, Becky (I've blogged about her before, and her link is on my faves list "One Scrappin Mama")...you can see her layout here. It was so inspiring I had to do it.

Erica's nickname is Boo. We gave it to her when she was a baby...it was the first word/sound she made..."Ah, Boo." Then, when she was a toddler, I put her in those cute little piggies at the top of her head like the character on Disney Pixar's Monster's Inc: Boo, was her name. It was so fitting...and it has stuck. So I knew I wanted to use Halloween papers (perfect, cuz I have the ACBailey Oct Kit of the Month with the Pink Paisley papers!). I just didn't know what pictures I was going to use. As I was cleaning on Friday (in between scrapping), I found Erica's school pictures from last month. I looked at it and said to myself, "Wow...it's scary how grown up she looks." PERFECT! I pulled two pictures from Kindergarten and voila'...some of it got cut off from the scanner, sorry...

3 comments:

beckyjune said...

very cute Michelle, and I am flattered that you would want to lift one of my pages :)

Debbie said...

BOO.....love it.... I agree she is really growing up. Good use of the Halloween papers from ACBailey's Kit of the month.

Dalon said...

I do love these papers - love what you did with them too!!

I am inspired to do something different ... not sure how I got this idea, but was inpired by your blog: going to look at my desk when I get home and come up with a layout using whatever is on top (not sure if I'll get to this today, but this week for sure) ;-)