Saturday, October 24, 2009

Who needs snow when we have leaves?!?

I don't know where Erica got the idea, maybe a neighbor friend, but she sure likes to make Leaf Angels. It cracks me up to watch her...she finds an area that has lots of leaves, or she makes a big pile. Then she plops down in them and just goes to town. And she's soooo careful when she gets up not to disturb any leaves. And there you have it...a leaf angel. So if you don't get snow like we do in Alaska, maybe you can make leaf angels, too.

For the layout, a friend of mine showed me this GREAT color blocked layout from a 4x6 idea book magazine for simple layouts (I think it was from Simple Scrapbooks, but I can't remember, sorry)...it was perfect! I changed it up to use pattern paper instead of just cardstock, and added some embellishments. The papers are from the AC Bailey Nov Kit of the Month last year (I can't remember exactly what line...I'll see if I can find out and update the post later). The metal embellishments are from one of the Stampin' Up! metal kits...I just love those!!! I also added some homemade leaves made from coffee filters (an idea from Scrapbooks Etc) and Making Memories dyes from their distressing kit. Check out the Freaky Friday Challenge at the ACBailey's blog...there's a new one every week. They're very inspiring!!! I can't believe I finally completed one on time.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Brings back memories of when I was her age and would make leaf houses. Raked paths (hallways) that would lead into rooms (big square)...spent many hours playing in our yard this way. Pretty neat layout-if I say so myself!!!!

Dalon said...

LOVE the colors Michelle! (okay so now I'm feeling like the bad parent for not getting my kids out in the leaves to play ... oops! thank goodness we will have plenty of opportunities in the snow! ha!!)

Holli said...

How cute!