Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Dalon's Birthday Blog Hop...Final Stop

Welcome to our Birthday Blog Hop for Dalon. If you've come to my blog first and have time, please start with Debbie's blog. At the end of this post is Dalon's blog. Please finish there and leave her some Birthday love.

Dalon is a special woman and her friendship means alot to me. I met her years ago when she "crashed" a scrapbook retreat with her friend Joey...and then we punished them both by bringing them over to the scrapbook equivalent of "the dark side." Hee, hee...that's not a bad thing, but it's fun to remember. The really funny thing is there are so many connections in our lives that it was meant for us to meet sooner or later. I'm glad it was sooner! And I'm thrilled that our friendship has grown ever since that day!

Before I post the card I made for her and leave you with the link to her blog, I wanted to share some special notes from others who don't have a blog:

Her Mother-in-law, Lori: Happy Birthday! I hope you're not working too hard and have a great day! I'm missing you and had a great time with you and the boys on Saturday. You can ride a jet ski fast!

Her friend, Joey: My dear, sweet friend! Happy "you" day! Yes, it's all about you today, as it should be. you are so deserving of a stress-free day, filled with laughter, hugs, kindness, and love. It's what you exude each day to the world and today is a good day for you to get it in return. I look forward to our goofy cooking class tonight--surely it'll offer snickers and giggles. Thanks for sharing your evening with me! I love you Dalon and treasure our friendship, and you!

A quote from Eleanor Roosevelt: "A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words." You do this for me each day and I hope I sing for you, as well.

Happy Birthday! Love and Hugs - Joey

And this is the card I sent Dalon (late, sorry, Dalon!). One of Dalon's favorite celebrity scrappers is Stacy Julian. As I looked thru my stash for ideas, I found a card from an old I Remember When gal, Siewleng. It was so simple and classic and it reminded me of something Stacy would "throw together." So I adapted it to be a birthday card for Dalon...another simple and classic scrapper.


Thank you for sticking with us for Dalon's Birthday Blog Hop. I know I said my blog was the final stop...but hers is really the last stop. Please visit Dalon's blog and leave her some Birthday Love!!!

And thanks to everyone for helping put together the blog hop:
Debbie
Beth
Kari
Lori (posted on my blog)
Joey (posted on my blog)

1 comment:

Dalon said...

Michelle, this is SOOOOO awesome!! thank you!!!! can't believe I'm a day late in seeing the blog hop - guess my "being on time" days are long gone - argh!!! thank you! thank you! thank you!!!! this just made my day - but made me cry too - tears of happiness of course :-) you are a dear to me - thank you so much for YOUR friendship!!!!!!!