Wednesday, June 17, 2009

B-I-Z-Z-Z-A-Y Weekend!!!

We took a family vacation to Fairbanks, AK this past weekend...one weekend before the Summer Solstice (the longest day of summer where they have nearly 24 hours of daylight). Jeff went for a Trap Shoot and Erica and I hung out at the gun club, the Alaskan Pipeline, the North Pole (yes!!! and there's a great story with it!!!), the Pioneer Park (formerly known as Alaskaland...not to be confused an Alaskan version of Disneyland), and the University of Alaska - Fairbanks at the Large Animal Research Station (LARS) and the Museum of the North. We even took a few minutes to check out a playground at one of the Fairbanks schools for a little "Olympic Training" as Erica called it...and mamma even got a few minutes to relax and read a book during "training."

I have to hang my head in shame at being a terrible Trap Wife. We were in Fairbanks FOR THE TRAP SHOOT and I got a grand total of FIVE pictures at the club. The problem is all five pictures are of Erica with this cute dog she's willing to trade me for, named Moose (or Moose Poop if he's mis-behaving). Janice and Cindy are training me to be a good Trap Wife (I did watch Jeff shoot a little), but I got NO pictures of him at the club or of the club itself. OK...I'll be a better Trap Wife at the ATA State Trap Shoot in July!!! I promise!!!

So I'll keep you sitting on the edge of your seat (yeah, right!) waiting to hear all the stories. I will tell you that the best one was when we went to the North Pole...I'm sure you can imagine what's so special about the North Pole and get close!!! I will leave you with two points: first, I downloaded 300+ pictures so I have LOTS to scrap. And second, we played sooooooo hard that this is a picture of Erica on the ride back (ha!). I tell ya, it's hard work having fun in an Alaskan Summer!!!

No comments: