Saturday, June 27, 2009

Olympic Training

Wow...it's been a week, sorry. I finally did some scrapping. Work has been a night mare and the first big push is over. I had Friday off (wow, it's Saturday morning...ugh!) and cleaned the house. I really wanted to scrap, but I felt guilty about playing before I finished the house work. So now it's after midnight and I'm posting the layout...better late than never, right? Hey, and that's just one more reason I call myself the "Moonlight Scrapper." Ha...it's after midnight and there's no moon in Alaska. As I look out the window, it's still kinda dusky (if that's a word).

So let's get to the fun stuff. When we were in Fairbanks a few weeks ago, we drove by this Elementary School and it had the most awesome looking playground. Each time we drove by it, Erica begged to stop. We kept putting her off and putting her off. Finally, on the last day, we had a little time so we stopped. Erica played all over the playground while I took some "me time" and read a scrapbook magazine. Then she called me over and asked me to take some pictures. She wanted to show me how good she was on the monkey bars. So I took my camera out and I put it on continuous mode to take the pictures. I think I got about 30 pictures. After the first time going across she told me she was training for the Olympics and had to keep practicing. As she finished the next round, she jumped off and told me she stuck the landing. Then she decided she'd had enough...her hands were red and had broken skin. I guess that's her first lesson of "No Pain...No Gain."For this layout I used the AC Bailey June Kit of the Month. The papers are from Cherry Arte. The title is a set of Thickers from American Crafts. The journaling spots are from Jillibean Soup. I also added a Basic Grey bling circle to highlight the broken skin on Erica's hand. Cardstock is Bazzill, and misc buttons from Stampin Up, Doodlebug, and I forget the last one...sorry. Thanks for stopping by and I'll try to get more layouts posted this weekend.

2 comments:

Dalon said...

Michelle, I love this layout!! I'm so glad you post them out here - but they are more amazing in person. :-) Thanks for the great event again last night!!

Debbie said...

I love the continuous pictures of her on the monkey bars. Great layout. She will be our Olympic Alaskan representative in one sport or another, huh?
Also, cute hairstyle in your new photo....very summery!
Thought of all you gals scrapping Sat night-sorry to missed out.