Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Yeah...I scrapped again

Well, I actually scrapped by myself, which is amazing, because scrapping is a social event for me!!! I've been feeling a little puny lately, and rather than lay on the couch and sleep or watch TV, I decided to make a layout. I lifted this layout from Scrapbooks Etc. I've always admitted about being a scrap lifter, but I'm starting to amaze myself at how much my layouts are looking VERY MUCH LIKE THE ORIGINAL. I'm none too happy about that! I usually draw inspiration from others, but I can usually mix things up enough that you can't tell that it came from any ONE layout. Lately that's not been the case...I guess this was the puniness in me. So how does that saying go: Copying is the most sincere form of flattery?

Anyway, this is Erica's Spring picture from Kindergarten. They had four or five different poses we could choose from. Jeff let Erica choose, and this is what she picked. She looks older than a Kindergartner in this picture to me...but it's not bad. It also kinda looks like she's just going thru the motions of having her picture taken, and is not totally thrilled about it. The funny thing is she LOVED school! She made lots of new friends, really took to her teachers and WANTED to do well for them, and has a LOVE of reading and writing (as you've probably noticed from previous posts). We are sooooo very proud of her!!!
The papers are all from K & Co, with American Crafts Poolside Thickers (LOVE THEM) and some misc ribbon from I forget where (it's all in a big jar, sorry). I ran out of pop up dots, so there's not as much dimension on the flowers as I'd like (I'll re-do it when I get more pop dots!). And I need to get back into scanning the layouts so they aren't warped...sorry for that, too...

No comments: