Friday, November 26, 2010

More color...orange

Wow, has it really been over three weeks since I last blogged??? I'm soooo sorry! So let's see how productive I can be this weekend (even though I have to work tomorrow after a hard morning of fighting crowds at the store).

So I'm taking some inspiration from the color class I'm taking with Nic Howard. Week two is on orange and yellow. I'm trying to take the feeling of the color and put it into my layouts. Orange is a happy color and adds excitement into layouts. Think, too, about what orange symbolizes: fire, danger, caution. I couldn't help but think about Erica. She has two speeds: off and on. And when it's on, it's on full blast. So that got my mind going into explosions and Powder Keg. Powder Keg is a FAST roller coaster at Silver Dollar City. She LOVES that roller coaster and can't seem to get enough of it. She even HAD to have the t-shirt (and is wearing it in the pictures on the layout). If I remember correctly, this coaster goes from 0-53 in 2.8 seconds (I looked it up). That's not a coaster record, but it's impressive when you're on it, let me tell you. The last part of the journaling says that Erica can't wait until she's tall enough to ride Wild Fire at Silver Dollar City. That one goes upside down. Yes, she's definitely a WILD CHILD.

No comments: