Sunday, November 28, 2010

Project 12 - October

This weekend has been a good time getting back in the swing of Scrappin. Hopefully I can get a page or two more done and post them over the next few days. I had to take a break on Sat to sew a robe. Erica volunteered me to make a robe for one of her friends for a birthday present...and the party is today. Oh, and I found out on Thanksgiving. Here was the conversation:
Me: What does your daughter want for her birthday
The Mom: {Pause} Well {pause}, I think the girls have already worked that out
Me: Really? And that would be....
The Mom: Erica said you would make her a robe
Me: She did, huh? Well, alright...I guess I'm making a robe...
So Friday I bought the pattern and fabric and Saturday I made the robe. I cut it out on Friday night, but had a friend over for scrappin' so I couldn't sew it. The nice thing is, I was able to start the October Project 12 layout on Friday and finish it Saturday night. Well, I actually started it back in September when I had friends over to scrap. But, I didn't have the pictures for October, so I couldn't finish it. And some time after I started it, I bought a Celebration Flourish Cricut cartridge that had this wonderful tree. So I changed the circle I originally had on it and then modified the picture layout so it didn't cover up the tree.
At first, October didn't seem very busy. But when I started looking thru the pictures, I remembered everything we did. The Girl Scouts are always busy. They're learning to love water and started a save project (more later). They also went to the zoo and met Chance, a fox that was given a second chance when he was rescued after being hit by a car. Jeff won tickets to the Great American Circus and we took Jenna. Erica had a blast, but I think she may have had more fun playing on the blow up jumping things with Jenna. Of course we also experienced all the seasonal fun of falling leave, the first snow fall (that didn't stick), and Halloween. Decorating the house and making the Halloween dinner was really fun! This year Erica went trick or treating by herself, but I decided to pull out an old costume and join her. What fun!
And below is the Becky Fleck sketch. The supplies are BoBunny's Mama Razzi papers and alpha stickers along with Bazzill cardstock and Maya Rd flourish chipboard.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

FINALLY..I AM ALL CAUGHT UP ON YOUR POSTINGS....went back to September and read them all this weekend....Love your Halloween House, and the pages you create. Keep them coming- I will be back to read quicker from now on!