Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Halloween 2010

What a great day...I just love holidays. The decorating, the food, the fun...it just makes me feel so good. This year I really had a blast with Halloween. I got a book that had ideas on decorating the house as well as party and food ideas.
Halloween Eve I decorated the front windows like a spider web using blanket binding, ribbon, and yarn. I made the spiders out of big foam balls and pipe cleaners. And can you believe I actually convinced Jeff to help hang this outside? Yes, he's a gooooood man!
For dinner I made mummy dogs and spiderweb soup. You wrap dough around hot dogs and put capers for eyes, then bake them until golden brown. For the web, mix sour cream and milk and pour circles over the soup. Then use a tooth pick to pull the circles to look like webs. And it's all yummy!!!
Of course, Grandma made Erica's costume again. This year Erica wanted to be a fairy princess. And because it's always soooo cold at Halloween, it had to go over her snow gear. It was perfect. I decided to get into the dress up fun, too. I had an old Cleopatra outfit from YEARS ago. It wouldn't fit over my coat, though.
Can't wait to work on the October Project 12 layout to put these pictures on it. I wonder if I can find a Thanksgiving book and go nuts in November, too...hmmmmmmm.

1 comment:

Holli said...

Great Costumes and I like the spider web. AND you have SNOW!!!