Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Happy Winter Solstice...and calendar peeks

Today is officially the shortest day of the year. Tomorrow we finally get to GAIN some daylight...YEAH! For those on the east coast, today was a milestone that hadn't been seen in the past 370-some odd years. There was a lunar eclipse on the same day as the winter solstice. Officially it occurred yesterday in Alaska, but oh, well.
My scrappy friends (and parents/in-laws) know I make 8x8 scrapbook calendars as Christmas gifts every year. This year is no different...I think I'd be disowned if I didn't make them. In fact, one year I was late getting Jeff's done and his heart dropped on Christmas morning when his mom opened her calendar, but he didn't have one. It was soooo nice to hear him say he really enjoyed having it at the office. Yes, he got one that year, too.
Since it's not Christmas, I don't think I should post the full pictures. Instead, here are a few sneak peeks. Stay tuned for the complete pictures in a week or so (and since we'll be gone, I'm gonna have to "schedule" the post...let's see if I can do it right). Oh, and this is another great kit from Basic Grey!!! Pre-cut papers, stickers, rub-ons, and INSTRUCTIONS!!! All I had to do was add adhesive, pictures, and TIME. Whew, nothing like cutting it close, huh?

No comments: