Sunday, September 25, 2011

Some creative ME time...

Earlier this year I signed up for several Big Picture Classes, none of which I was able to finish (or even start in some cases) due to my hectic schedule with Girl Scouts and Work.  Now I'm slowly getting back into the groove and am having a blast.  Erica slept over at her friend's house last night and I stayed up to be creative.  This is what I did (woo hoo!).
One of the classes I took was "Embrace Imperfection."  The basis of the class is to try and teach us to get past all the things that make us say we don't have time to scrap or that holds us backing from being productive.  The bottom line is we won't ever be perfect, so get past it and document your memories.  For me, I stress over the colors being perfect and all the products coordinating or matching on the layout.  So to make this mini album, I pulled together some papers and coordinating embellishments from Basic Grey, along with my ribbons, paint, and ink.  I can't believe I finished it!  I used a great mixed media album from Fancy Pants (acrylic, chipboard, felt, mirror, cardboard,  and canvas).  Every page is decorated differently an I didn't even "lift" the layouts!  Each page also has a quote about perfection like, " No one is perfect...that's why pencils have erasers."  And there are alot of things about this album that aren't perfect (the paint is chipping off the acrylic, the chipboard shapes show thru the acrylic, the quotes aren't cut perfectly, the colors don't all match exactly, and things are crooked), but I am learning to...Remember, it is all about the MEMORIES."

 
  

I've wanted to use this album for over a year and am thrilled I got a chance to do it.

2 comments:

Dalon said...

oh how I miss you!!!! love that you're scrapping and sharing - you give me inspiration to update my blog - thanks my friend!!!!!

Debbie said...

Ditto to Dalon's comments!

I need to get past my imperfect craft room and have you all over to scrap this winter...seems it will never be decluttered...warm room with chair and table space have to do!