Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!!! And Merry Christmas

Whew...what a holiday season we just had!!!  I can't think of anything in particular we did that made it feel so crazy, but I also don't feel like I've had any free time until this weekend...and even that was packed (details shortly).
One of my scrappy friends and I are participating in a few scrappy classes together.  The first is the Twelve Days of Christmas, where each day before Christmas we were given a photo prompt and a list of supplies to gather.  Then, for the twelve days after Christmas, we take those supplies and they give us layout instructions for completing them.  I think it would've been better to get the photo prompts earlier because many of the things they suggested we had already done and had to fit other pictures into the layouts.  For me, it was easy because I had lots of pictures for the Santa Adventure Weekend and used those (woo hoo!!!).  So now for the crazy weekend:  I scrapped the first seven days....YEAH!!!!!

On the first day of Christmas we were supposed to take the Christmas family picture.  Well, I already scrapped two of them during the Thanksgiving Album in a Weekend effort...sooooo, I switched up the Bundle Up layout I last showed you.  Below are TWO layouts, the reworked Bundle Up and the First Day of Christmas (no title on the layout).

First, a build up on the Bundle Up layout...I really should've used this picture for this layout the first time cuz it's MUCH more appropriate.  I can't recall if I blogged about Erica participating in an Outdoor event at the Campbell Creek Science Center in November.  They went snow shoeing and build Quinsey Huts (or something like that...they are shelters made out of snow).  These were outdoor activities and it was TWENTY BELOW!!!  But she loved every bit of it...and when I picked her up all she wanted to do was tell me about all the fun stuff she did.  Thanks to her troop leader, I got this picture of her trying not to freeze :)
 And I've already blogged about this picture...so here's a new layout.  I used the Winter Park kit from Echo Park (what fun...and you'll see lots more from it in the coming days!!!).

No comments: