Friday, February 6, 2009

Still no mojo...but the ideas are coming

So still no mojo...Today is Friday and I'm off work (flex schedules are GREAT). I'm *supposed* to be cleaning today but am wishing I could scrap. I'm hoping to finish early so I can have some fun. I do have some friends coming over tonight, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that at some point today I'll find my lost mojo.

So what do I do in the mean time? I store up ideas...idea books, ideas for journaling, ideas for what ever I can think of. I would like to share a technique I use with you in the hope that it helps you with ideas from time to time.

I've talked about journaling before. Let's explore this a little more. I can't just pick up a pen and paper and start writing. BUT, my family does not live near me so I write them emails all the time about what's going on in my life (OK...mostly it's stuff about Erica). I'm pretty detailed in those emails. About a year ago I started saving those emails as documents on my computer. So now I have killed two bird with one stone: I keep my family updated on what's going on AND I have a ready made journaling story when I'm ready for it.

Give it a try...and let me know what YOU do in your journaling.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ardsmI keep our monthly calendar posted in the kitchen with all our information jotted on dates - meetings, parties, retreats birthdays, appointments even the sub-zero temperatures. I find it useful when I journal on the calendar pages we create.

Anonymous said...

oops...the ardsml is the word verification Not part of my comment!!!!

Dalon said...

am crossing my fingers that my mojo will come back AFTER I pick up this hideous office ... oh, and after I get started on taxes :-( but I LOVE your idea on communicating through e-mail ... I send out lots of nmotes to family also, so just copying and pasting those into documents for myself would work GREAT!!! (I also like to save clippings and notes in a journal for future scrapping ... I dog-ear mags and rip out all kinds of things from cereal boxes to gift bags! ha!!)