Monday, February 2, 2009

Where'd the Mojo Go????

Do you ever have those days or weeks where you've been sooooo creative that you can't pop out the projects fast enough? Take a look at my early January and that was one of my times. So what happened??? I have no clue where my mojo went...has anyone seen it anywhere??? If so, please send it home...I miss it!!!

So that I don't totally neglect the blog, let me ramble for a bit...about my daughter, of course (and this will become journaling for *something*). She's in Kindergarten and LOVING school (we're sooo proud). She's been learning to read and write and is doing a GREAT job. Last week in computer lab, she wrote a story all by herself. The teacher emailed me to say she doesn't usually print things from computer lab, but this was such a great piece of work that it HAD to come home. I've scanned the story and included it here. My favorite part is how she spelled "human"..."heoomen." Sound it out slowly, and it makes perfect sense to a kindergartner!!!
While watching yesterday's Super Bowl game, Erica felt bad for us (we both had an opportunity to win our respective pools after the second quarter...until the Cards couldn't tackle after an interception...ugh!!!). We were obviously upset, so she wrote Jeff a note on a sticky (which I'll try to scan, too):

"Der dad I hop that neks tim or tem dos bedr."

3 comments:

Elizabeth Bracco said...

LOVE IT!! She is such a sweet kid. :) Good for her for making such an effort on her own to use her new found skills. Reading and writing, WOW!! Great job Erica!!

Anonymous said...

I'd say Erica has journaled your next page for you!!!!!!!!!

Dalon said...

PRE-SHUSS!!!!!!!! I love that Michelle - that's great! (and I can see a scrap title right there!) :-) keep looking for your mojo - it will come back!!! (I'm crossing my fingers for mine to return!)