Sunday, February 8, 2009

Stiching on layouts

I am feeling soooo much better with my scrapping now. I got another layout done. OK, it's only one, but I started this at the same crop as the "Love" layout and was NOT happy with it. Not only am I happy with it, finally, I also feel like I'm getting my mojo back.
This was a fun new technique. Have you ever stitched on your layouts? I did one a few months ago (at the bottom) and this one...but this isn't real stitching. I started with Chocolate Box Core-dinations cardstock (colored on the back and brown on the front) and then using the Bazzill In Stitchez system, I punched flourishes from the back (colored side). To get the pink to show thru, I sanded the raised edges (it's VERY subtle). I also sanded the edges of the cardstock to bring it all together. This is another layout using the AC Bailey February Kit of the Month. I just LOVE that Basic Grey!!! And there's a Stampin' Up! rubon, too.
This is the first layout I did with stitching...it was a challenge from the AC Bailey Consultant Design Team. The sketch with two big circles on a band a the bottom looked like "Mickey Ears" to me...so that's what I did! I free handed the holes and then bought the Bazzill In Stitchez system!!! The papers and embellishments are from Creative Imaginations.

1 comment:

Dalon said...

these are GREAT Michelle!! looks like you DO have your mojo back! :-) I'm cleaning up and you're motivating me to break out the scrap supplies - woohoo!!!