Sunday, August 21, 2011

That's the mama in her...

Jeff and I often joke about "That's the mama/daddy in her" whenever Erica does or says something odd...whoever gets it out first, usually. One of the things I will own up to is Erica being a daredevil. She loves rides and doing exciting things, just like me. That's definitely the mama in her! I've posted before about her liking roller coasters. She can't wait until she's tall enough to ride Wild Fire in Branson, Mo (maybe next summer). And I can't wait! Jeff won't ride them with me, so I either go alone or with Grandpa when he's with us. Now I have Erica to go with, too...YEAH!!!

This year at the 4th of July picnic (and last year at the State Fair) she climbed the rock wall and rode Sammy the Slippery Sockey Salmon (Erica says there's a "slammin'" in there, too...but I couldn't make it fit on the layout, sorry). Last year her arms weren't long enough to ring the bell at the top of the wall, but this year they were. I saw a layout with the pictures at an angle in a Scrapbook Trends Magazine and thought it was perfect to show the progression of Erica climbing the wall. And adding the coordinating circles reminded me of the steps she took up the wall. She practically ran up the wall, what a hoot! And she got low and held on tight to that slippery salmon. It bucked her off a few times, but she rode it a LOOONG time.
Weeeeelllll, like I said, my scanner is acting up, and I couldn't get the salmon layout to scan. The black squiggles at the bottom are supposed to be the year, but I guess the scanner didn't like that part of the layout. Oh, well. I'll have to upload the other layout later...hopefully in the next few days...sorry!

No comments: