Sunday, November 6, 2011

Cards from scraps

"People" always say that after you finish a scrapbook page, you should use scraps to make cards before you put everything away.  I took that to heart as I finished my Embrace Imperfection mini album and then the Pure Bliss layout a few weeks ago.  The cards are adapted from the Cooking Up Cards class I took at...you guessed it, Big Picture Classes.  Man, I feel like a walking bill board for their classes.  But I can't help it...they're awesome!  I'm really bummed that I missed out on signing up for the Textuality class in September.  Oh, well, I'm going to keep my eyes open and sign up when it comes out again (if you see it, tell me!!!). 

Stay tuned...I've been talking to some gals around here about doing a card swap.  That's where we all make a card for however many people sign up for the swap.  Then we give one to each person and get one from each person.  So you end up with a bunch of different cards from other people.  The cool thing is, I want to do it as a "recipe" card swap.  So not only do you give the card, you include the "recipe" and sketch on how you put it together so they can duplicate it later.  What fun...I got the idea from the same class...hee, hee.

No comments: