Monday, November 28, 2011

Paella Recipe

The food was awesome all weekend, if I don't say so myself.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE comfort food.  And when it's fairly healthy, that's even better.  I tried to google the recipe to give credits appropriately, but I can't find it anymore.  Just know this is not my recipe. 

Shrimp Paella
2 tsp Olive Oil
1 tsp chopped garlic
1 lb cleaned shrimp
1 c chopped onion
6 oz 1/4" sausage sliced (I use 4 links Chicken and Spinach sausage)
1 box Spanish seasoned rice and vermicelli mix (I use Fred Meyer brand)
1 c peas
1 can stewed tomatoes
14 oz artichoke hearts

Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat.  Add garlic and shrimp and cook for 3 minutes.  Remove shrimp and keep covered in a bowl.
In the same skillet, saute onion and sausage for 3 minutes.  Add rice without the seasoning and cook for 3 minutes.  Add 2 cups water, tomatoes, peas, and seasoning mix. 
Simmer covered for 20 minutes.  Add shrimp and artichoke hearts.  Heat and serve.
 I'm not sure why the picture came in vertically...but I guess this is better than nothing.

No comments: