Sunday, March 7, 2010

Florida Vacation Highlights...pt 1

We've been here over two days and have been VERY busy with LOTS of great stories. I'll just highlight a few cuz it's late and we're getting up early tomorrow. I'll include more details when I get the layouts done...
Saturday we met up with some friends from Hurlburt who are now in the Tampa/St Pete area. First were the Nicely's. They said if Erica liked aquariums, that we needed to go to the Apollo Beach power plant to see the manatees. They were right! The power plant warms the water and the manatees like warm water. So there were TONS of them right there and Erica sat and watched them for a long time. One in particular cracked me up cuz he would float on his back and soak up the sun. Mom said he looked like he was "resting in peace."
After that we met up with Wilma. If it weren't for Wilma, Erica would not exist...she set Jeff and I up on a blind date. We are the first and only couple she's set up. She says she will never do it again because she's got a perfect record and doesn't want to ruin it. anyway, we met Wilma at the Florida Aquarium. It was awesome! We got a chance to touch a sting ray and a shark...cool!
Today was the first day at Disney. Erica has become a lover of roller coasters, so we rode Space Mountain. I had never ridden it before and didn't know what to expect. WOW, I have to say it was the scariest roller coaster I've ever been on. Erica was quiet the whole time. Come to find out, she also rode the whole time with her eyes closed. When I saw the picture they took of us, I HAD to buy it.
And all that was exciting, but the MOST EXCITING part of the trip so far was...ready...ready... Erica lost her first tooth! It has been wiggly for several months. Earlier today she said it felt like it had fallen out. I looked at it and it was holding on by threads on the left and right side only. Tonight in the hotel it started bleeding. I gave her some Children's Tylenol and an ice pack. She came into my room crying that it hurt and when she pulled out the ice pack (a towel with ice in it), the tooth stuck to the towel. Grannie and I started laughing that it had fallen out and then she started laughing, too. It was hard to tell if she was laughing or crying, but she kept saying she was laughing. We figured it would come out on vacation, so we have the tooth fairy pillow Grandma made her. Yeah!!! Oh, and of course that's Daddy she's talking to...
So that's a summary of the first few days. More to come. We're going to Disney's Hollywood Studios tomorrow.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I absolutely LOVE this picture of Erica with her first missing tooth...she is sparkling happy to be on the phone with her Dad! Have tons of fun down there in the WARMTH...you picked a good week to be gone from Alaska!