Saturday, August 21, 2010

Arctic Thunder pix

Well, I looked thru my stash and didn't find any other layouts I could post to keep the blog going...so I went ahead and scrapped a few more pages. And I have a few friends coming over tonight, so I hope to get a few more done. I know family is waiting for school pictures on Erica's first day (why break the slacker streak now, right...sorry!). I promise I'll get to uploading them soon. I might even get them scrapped tonight.

This is a 2-pg spread of our adventures at Arctic Thunder. I was really excited to go because the Blue Angels were on the schedule. My favorite is Fat Albert. If you have never seen Fat Albert in person, you need to. They load him up with JATO thingies (Jet Assisted Take Off). When he takes off he makes a REALLY loud noise and goes FAST at a very large angle. It's very impressive for a C-130. The thing that bummed me out this year was he didn't do the JATO thing. It was still cool to watch him take off at a high angle, but it wasn't quite the same. I'm not sure if he did it on Sunday, but he didn't on Saturday.

True to Air Force Air Shows, there were lots of planes and other military vehicles. Elmendorf is right next to the Army's Ft Richardson. So Erica had the chance to go into a few really neat Army vehicles with big guns. She had no clue what she was going in, but she got a kick out of it. They also did a really neat Joint Forces demonstration with pyrotechnics that looked like guns and bombs were going off. Erica thought that was the neatest thing.

So here's the layout...it uses Pink Paislee's Starlight collection. They layout is my own, not a lift this time (shocker, I know). I kinda wish I hadn't used so many pix so the die cut circle would show up more, but oh, well...

No comments: