Sunday, August 15, 2010

Fishin is the Mission

Is that title hilarious or what? I got a call from Erica while I was at work on Friday. She was talking so fast I couldn't understand her...it took me three times asking her to slow down before I realized what she was saying. Here's the background (and the journaling on the page):

I went on a business trip to Houston, TX the first week in Aug. Jeff's parents were in town. They went fishing a few times while I was gone. I got an email from Jeff on Monday saying Erica caught her first salmon. I was soooo proud. I asked if he got pictures and he said no. WHAT?!? How dare he!!! I chastised him a bit and he said he'd try better the next time. The next day I got another email that Erica caught two more salmon...this time she apparently hooked them both herself. Again I asked about pictures. Jeff said between a fish, a rod, sticky mud, and a 6-yr old, he couldn't manage a camera. UGH!!! I asked Erica if she'd draw a picture for me (you know how us scrappers are...we gotta have *something* right?). She said she only had the fish for a short time and daddy threw it back. Bummer...I knew we'd have to go again when I got home. We tried on Wed, but it was a big tide differential. Jeff thought we'd have time after work, but almost as soon as we got there, we were pushed off cuz the water came in so fast. Friday, would hopefully be better. And it was...except for the rain. When you look at the pictures, you probably won't be able to tell, but they were only one of maybe SIX people at the creek. Erica didn't care, she was excited to fish. She's really good flipping the hook, too. Unfortunately all they caught was one yucky Chum Salmon...but it was a successful day. Well, except for the flat tire we got on the way home. UGH! I almost took pictures of that (ha, the scrapper in me), but decided not to...a couple will make or break their relationship while changing a flat tire. I'm happy to say Jeff and I are still together!!!

And here's the Fishin is the Mission page. The layout is lifted from a magazine (I forget which one, but it wasn't Scrapbook Trends). The papers and embellies are Pink Paislee again.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Welcome back to the blog world....we need to catch up- summer travels new jobs, etc...
I haven't been updating mine as much this summer either...sure miss doing it though.
I really like the blue background with this fishin mission-glad to see you are getting some layouts done.