Sunday, August 22, 2010

First Day of School...finally

Not only am I finally posting the pictures, but it finally came...the first day of school. Erica woke up on Monday and almost cried. She wanted it to be the first day of school sooooo bad. I fully expected her to wake up with me on Wednesday, but she didn't. She did, however, wake up very easily and was not grumpy at all (some days the mama in her comes out first thing and she's a bear!).
Our tradition has been to drop Jeff off at work and then Erica and I go to the Muffin Man for breakfast. With my new job, I either had to take the day off, or we had to change our tradition cuz I couldn't take two hours off in the morning to take her to school. We decided to make it a family tradition this year and we went to Denny's. These are the only pictures we got, but it's better than nothing, I guess. She wouldn't let me take a picture of her with her black and purple back pack...I think she's starting to get a little teenager in her already.
She's in a combined 2-3 class. I think it will be good for her as she's advanced in math. But we'll need to work with her on her reading (again, that's the mama in her). I was happy to hear the teacher said they'd be doing a lot of reading.
And I was able to get the first day of school layout done...some journaling got cut off at the bottom, it says, "2nd Grade, Aug 18, 2010." Here's the finished layout. A special thank you to the grandparents for being patient with me!!!

No comments: