Tuesday, October 12, 2010

All she wanted to do...

I'm pretty sure I posted about this after our spring break trip to Florida. We went to Orlando and met Grannie Annie. While we were there we went to the Magic Kingdom (of course), to a Yankee's game with Grandpa Guru, to Tampa Bay to visit my friend who set Jeff and I up on a blind date, and to Kennedy Space Center. Erica was most excited to go to the Space Center. She is fascinated with science and wanted to meet an astronaut and touch the moon. So of course I spent the extra money to have lunch with an astronaut and to go on the tour that would allow us to touch a moon rock.

This layout was also made with that cute kit I bought online. See...isn't it perfect?!? The astronaut is Sam Gamar, who was on three shuttle launches. One of the most interesting things I learned at the lunch was that one in 15 astronauts lose their lives in the line of duty. WOW!

No comments: