Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Maid Marian and Robin Hood


Saturday Erica and Jeff went to the bow shop again...without me (I had a crop). I couldn't convince Jeff to take the camera (hrumph!!!) because he wanted to shoot with her. Apparently this time she shot at the close target (a picture of a deer with a bulls eye) close up about three times and then wanted to shoot at the back wall like the BIG GUYS. She has to aim all the way at the ceiling because there's so little pressure on the bow strings (or something like that), but has fun none the less.

Sunday we went back again, at Erica's request (Jeff will always take her shooting when SHE requests it...so he knows it's her that wants to pursue the interest and not at his insistence). I wasn't feeling 100%, but I knew she wanted me to go, so I went...and I took my camera this time! There were two other children there shooting, and they were all girls! And of the three girls, two of them were Lefty's...interesting, huh? Once again, Erica had no desire to shoot at the close target, only at the wall. And when the other girls saw her shooting at the wall, they wanted to, also (peer pressure, I tell ya!). Finally the manager pulled out a small bear target and all three girls started shooting at that.

I hope you enjoy the pictures, I sure do! And I was soooo inspired that I used the March Sketch from AC Bailey and completed a layout tonight (using Karen Foster Design papers, stickers, and rubons)...Jeff picked the title :)

2 comments:

Dalon said...

look at these pics!!! they are FANTASTIC!!! good girl Erica - I need to get Payton out there - yahoo!!!!! (thanks for sharing your layout too) ;-)

Kristii said...

What an awesome layout!! she's a doll!!! It is good to meet you at AC Bailey!!