Thursday, March 26, 2009

Mt Redoubt Erupts Again

For family and friends out of the Alaska area, Mt Redoubt erupted again this morning. The ash cloud is going above Anchorage, but is at a level where the ash typically doesn't fall to the ground, so we're safe for now. The western Kenai Peninsula is different...they are in an Ash Warning until 4pm this afternoon. And of course, this impacts flights again...

Here are two links (one I provided in the last post) with info about Mt Redoubt and some volcano preparedness that we should be doing. Face masks (the disposable ones) have been in HIGH demand for a while and auto air filters have been hard to come by, too!

Alaska Volcano Observatory
National Weather Service

1 comment:

Laura-Lee said...

OMGosh! I'm just in awe when I read about what each of us is enduring in our own cummunity...in the fall we were worried for the southern girls with the hurricanes and then tornados....I would never have thought volcano ash!! I'm going to check out those sites....weather stories facinate me. Take care!