Monday, December 19, 2011

My dream...

As I mentioned in the Vegas friends post, I made a pact with myself to lose weight a year ago.  My goal was to lose 20 pounds by May...I actually lost 25 pounds.  Since then I've gained a few back, but I'm still 23 pounds from my initial weigh in.  We'll see what next year brings.

I didn't journal this on the layout, but I am sooo proud of my success.  In the past year, my cholesterol is all within the super good range...and all done thru diet and exercise.  I still struggle with "White Coat Syndrome" where my blood pressure is high in the doctor's office, but it's good at home. 

I'm also not shy about being caught in pictures.  A year ago I was happy to be behind the camera because I didn't like seeing how I looked in pictures.  Now I'm happy to pass the camera to Jeff to be included in more family activities.  This layout is essentially a before and after layout.  I can't believe what a difference 25 pounds has made. 
I've gotten rid of ALL my larger clothes.  So I can tell when I start to stray from my routine. So far it hasn't been an issue...here's hoping that continues!

No comments: