Thursday, December 1, 2011

Chicken and White Bean Soup Recipe

Here's another of my favorite comfort food recipes.  I got this from the Jillian Michaels Newsletter I get weekly.  This recipe is so healthy and very filling!  Every time I serve this, people want the recipe.  Enjoy!
Chicken and White Bean Soup
2 tsp Olive Oil
2 leeks cut into 1/4" rounds (white and light green parts only)
1 Tbsp fresh sage, chopped (I leave this out cuz Erica doesn't like it)
28 oz reduced sodium chicken broth
2 c water
15 oz cannellini beans (aka Great Northern or White Kidney Beans)
2 lbs shredded chicken (we used turkey this week!!!)

Heat oil in dutch oven over medium high heat.  Add leeks and cook, stirring often, approx 3 minutes.
Stir in sage and continue cooking until aromatic, about 30 seconds.  Stir in broth and water.  Increase heat to high, cover and bring to boil.
Add beans and chicken and cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 3 minutes.
Quick and easy!  We make this for weeknight dinners, too.  Oh, I forgot to add that we put in two cans of beans!

No comments: