Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Turkey and spinach chili

I have totally forgotten to post the last meal and recipe from the Album in a Weekend.  I found a vegetarian chili recipe that called for spinach and two kinds of beans.  I made it, and Jeff said, "Real men eat meat!"  Since then I have added ground turkey to the recipe.  It's so quick and easy...and very healthy.  Again, I have to apologize for not being able to give credit to the recipe.  I got it from the same website that I found the Shrimp Paella recipe.  Enjoy!!!
Turkey and Spinach Chili (modified vegetarian chili)
1 lb ground turkey
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tsp oil
1 15oz can of chili style beans
1 15oz can of pinto beans (rinsed and drained)
1 14.5 oz can stewed tomatoes
4 oz frozen spinach (I use a full 10 oz pkg)
3 c brown rice cooked

Saute garlic in oil.  Add ground turkey.  Add all but rice and bring to a boil.  Simmer 10-15 minutes.  Serve over rice.

Easy...peasy.  And I thought I took a pix, but I can't find it.  Oh, well...chili mostly looks the same anyway, right?

No comments: