Monday, April 5, 2010

January 2010 Summary - Project 12

So I finished the January summary for Project 12. The hardest part was journaling and fitting what we did in that small space. I had soooo much more to say. I guess I'll just have to say it all when I do those individual pages, right?

In a nutshell, we took out my Christmas present (a little S&W pistol) out for a test. I have to say it's hard to shoot...a big kick in such a little thing. But I like the little red dot (officially known as the crimson trace). We also played poker with one of Jeff's friends...am I the worst momma ever for teaching my 1st grader how to play poker??? I think not...it teaches math and strategy...is that weak justification??? Anyway, to make up for that, we ended the month with some GREAT girl scout activities. The girls participated in a gymnastics clinic with the UAA team, made some hand-made projects for community service (including dog biscuts, cat/dog toys, lunch bags, baby blankets, etc), and went to the zoo to learn about dog mushing. It was a fun-filled month...and a great way to start the new year! These papers are Moravia by SEI. I also cut out snowflakes from the Cricut and alphas from Sweetwater and Prima.

4 comments:

Dalon said...

what great colors you chose!! love the poker Mom - good job! ;-) I'll have to read more about Project 12 - I think I might be able to accomplish that!!

Unknown said...

You're off to a great start on Project 12! Love this page! And kids need to learn to play poker sooner or later, right?

Debbie said...

These colors are so calming and good with all your pictures. Good Job! Wish I would of seen the Project 12 before I started Project 365...I am a hit or miss on that one...some days "nothing" is photo worthy!!
This way Erica won't need the little piece of paper with the winning poker hands on it...like me!!

Rebecca Keppel said...

Love the color combo and the coordinating snowflakes!