Thursday, April 15, 2010

Reach for the Stars

Crop for Cancer is over (the fund raising event)...whew...so now I can get back into a scrapping routine. Just a reminder, though...Crop for Cancer is actually an American Cancer Society Relay for Life team. We raised over $6,000 at the crop this past weekend, not including ticket sales and other sponsor donations. The actual relay happens on May 21-22. I will be in town Fri night and am planning on walking it. I hope you'll join me.

OK, so more scrapping. I found a new forum (new to me) and am really liking the inspiration it provides. There are daily challenges, weekly sketches, weekly dear diary journaling prompts, and TEAM challenges. I'm having a blast! I hope you'll take some time to check it out and join me. The forum is at Serendipity Scrapbooks.
So this layout was supposed to be based on the challenge for Apr 1: use a boy line on a non-boy page. I took a cute pix of Erica (looking pretty girly in her braided piggy tails, Minnie Mouse earrings, and puppy purse on her shoulder) and turned it into an inspirational layout about what I wish for her. The star papers and stickers from the Bo Bunny U Bug Me line were perfect. BUT, as I posted the layout, I saw the requirement for BLUE. Ugh...what a dork I am. Oh, well, I love the layout anyway.


1 comment:

Debbie said...

so bright and colorful....I'm liking the way you placed this picture at an angle and love the orange colors!