Tuesday, May 11, 2010

All about me...

Have I ever told you how much I dislike scrapping about me??? I do. I don't have many pictures of me because I'm usually behind the camera (and I like it that way). Scraptique asked each of the DT members to make an altered album all about themselves. UGH!!!

Well, I finally got it done and will be taking it to the store this weekend (so you get the sneak peek before they do). Those of you who know me, know I'm kinda neurotic about how things look...I'll redo a layout and pull things off if they're crooked. This was a tough project because it is going to be hanging in the store...so I felt I had to do the front and the back. My solution was to punch out circles in pattern papers, adhere them around the album, and cover the back. Then I wrote a descriptive word on each "petal" for the various jobs I have: wife, mother, friend, cash machine, maid, etc. The journaling says, "I have lots of jobs in life...and they all make me happy." Well, each job may not make me happy (like being a maid), but they all represent something in my life that makes me happy. I'm very blessed!
BTW...Erica took all those pictures, except the one of me scrapping. The scrapping picture is from a weekend retreat I took with my friend, Kelly a few years ago. Oh, and I should say I used a free collage template from Scrapbooks Etc. I've mentioned this before in other posts and had to make sure to do it again with this. Those templates are AWESOME! I just created it in Photoshop, saved it, and printed it as a 5x7 photo.

No comments: