Thursday, May 6, 2010

Dress Up and the Enabler

I've been itching to show you this layout...it feels like forever since I finished it. It's in the Scraptique newsletter, too (woo hoo!). The papers are from the DT kit I got at the meeting and consists of Little Yellow Bicycle Fresh Clothesline papers, Maya Rd chipboard, Prima flowers, and My Minds Eye alphas and die cut border. I colored the chipboard with Smooch Spritz (fun!). Oh, and the layout is tweaked from a monthly sketch from Pagemaps.com (listed in my fave blogs on the right).
And now for the fun story. Erica is a girly girl (at times) and LOVES to dress up. Since Jeff is an only child and Erica is our only child, this makes her Grandma's only grand child. Grandma is an AWESOME seamstress...she wins ribbons for her quilt work at county and state fairs (I LOVE her crazy quilt with pictures of Erica!!!). Anyway, Grandma enjoys sewing for Erica and Erica is very appreciative of her efforts. For Christmas, Erica got a big box of dress up clothes, most of which Grandma made. These are a few of her wonderful creations. Thanks, Grandma!!!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

What a lucky girl to have all these fun dress up clothes made especially for her.

Scraptique is fortunate to have your talent among their newsleter and store...Congrats again!

The colors work together so well here...Little Yellow Bicycle Clothesline....maybe my #one this week!