Saturday, May 1, 2010

Crop for Cancer layouts

In honor of National Scrapbook Day, I'm hosting an all-day crop. But I thought I'd leave you with some pictures from the last all-day crop I attended: Crop for Cancer. It was such a special day. One of my friends was just finishing up chemo treatments and joined us for the crop. I'm not sure how much we've raised, but I understand the night of the event was about $6,000, without ticket sales. Our goal was $15,000 to get us over the top of $100,000. The actual relay is May 21-22. I'll be participating, so look for a layout on that soon.

For this layout, I used My Minds Eye Life Stories papers. The pack of papers includes some patterns and some sheets with journaling prompts and spaces for pictures. Yesterday's post was another good example of that. So this layouts takes one of the journaling prompt pages and pairs it with a plain kraft sheet. I added some papers, die cuts, and journaling to finish the page.

1 comment:

Dalon said...

what a gorgeous layout - and great photos to boot!!! so glad you accomplished something yesterday :-) sure hate I missed it - hopefully the photos I took at Uncle B's will provide me with good material ;-)