Thursday, April 30, 2009

More Fun in the Sun

Wow...look at me go with posting this week...can you tell I had a GREAT time at the crop this past weekend? This hobby is such a joy for me. I saw a note a week or so ago that commented on the therapeutic benefits of scrapping. Those of us that scrap ABSOLUTELY know that's true. For me, it's not only about documenting family history (mostly Erica). I LOVE to scrap with friends...I consider it a social event. It's also very relaxing for me...after all, I usually scrap the happy, fun stuff (not to be confused with Happy-Fun time, if you're a "That 70s Show" fan), so I feel good as I remember the good times I had when the pictures were taken.

OK, enough of that...here's another layout from the crop this past weekend. I had a friend come by a few weeks ago to scrap on a Friday night and she "lifted" a layout from Scrapbook Trends using the AC Bailey Apr Kit of the Month. I LOVED it and had to lift her idea for a pool layout with Erica over Spring Break. The colors are AWESOME. I put some Stickles on the die cut title letters to add just a little something extra, too. And can you see the dotted texture on the background? That's Dotted Swiss cardstock...it's it cool?!?

The journaling says, "Erica was quite the Diva during Spring Break...check out that pose! Then her true colors came out. She sure had fun in the pool every day! And she got Grannie Annie to join her on the last day.

2 comments:

Dalon said...

good photo capturing Mom!! love how you caught Erica in the act of diving ;-)

Elizabeth Bracco said...

Great colors! And, you are quite the photographer. That pose is too Erica! Sassy and sweet all rolled into one spectacular kiddo. :)