Saturday, April 11, 2009

Now I'm thinking Summer

The snow is really starting to melt during the day...but it freezes at night, making for some *fun* driving in the early rush hour traffic (ugh!). But I am enjoying the memories of South Padre Island over Spring Break last month. And thanks to the crop I went to this past weekend, I got several layouts completed from pictures of the trip.

Erica had never been to the ocean before, so this was quite a treat. The water wasn't very deep (thank goodness) so she really didn't know what to do in the surf at first. She let the waves come up on her and tried to jump over them for fun. Then as she got more comfortable, she would venture out a bit, only to be chased back to the shore by waves...it was fun to watch! We didn't build a sand castle, but she liked burying her feet and legs...and I buried her whole body once. I particularly like the series of pictures where she's sitting in the sand and the water comes up behind her...check her out looking back as if to say, "Hey, where did THAT come from?!?"
The papers are Scenic route (again) and Bazzill, along with coordinating stickers and chipboard. I used the bonus sketch from AC Bailey's blog last month (I'm a HUGE sketch fan!) and turned it into a two page layout since I had so many pictures. I still have some of Erica and I body surfing, so I'll do another layout another time.

1 comment:

Dalon said...

I love how you tell the stories of the photos on your blog too ... I am always looking at people's creative ideas, but I can't always tell where they get their inspiration - thanks for sharing :-)