Monday, April 27, 2009

Olympic Bronze

Are you as in awe of the Olympics as I am? I believe it's the world's largest stage for sports. Our family watches both the winter and summer games. I recently learned I have an Olympian in my family: my Grandfather competed a LOOONG time ago in an equestrian event...so was he the Olympian or the horse??? I don't think he won a medal or I'd have heard the story so much I would've thought I was there. But I think it's cool that he was there.

Fast forward to 2008. Corey Cogdell is a Trap Shooter from Eagle River, Alaska. She competes in the 2008 Summer Olympics and wins BRONZE. We went to Birchwood Recreation and Shooting Park to visit her and see her medal in early Nov. You should have seen me when Corey put the medal on Erica...I think I made an audible gasp...wow, how cool! And as any proud mom would, I immediately wondered if Erica would ever wear one of her own.
The papers are from Scrap Within Reach and the flowers are Petaloo.

1 comment:

Dalon said...

oh this is a fabulous layout and an even more wonderful memory!!!!! SO cool for Erica to get the experience of meeting an Olympian ... but to wear the medal? I would have gasped too!!! ;-)