Monday, April 6, 2009

Sneak Peek

Wow...it's been too long since I blogged...sorry. I went to a crop this weekend and was VERY productive, so I have lots to contribute this week...YEAH.

I don't usually participate in swaps, but since I've been fairly active with AC Bailey, I decided to go ahead and join a "Rolodex swap" with some of the other consultants. The idea is that you alter the front of the Rolodex card and put a pix of yourself on it and include your statistics (phone, address, website, etc) on the back of the card. You make "_" number of cards based on the number of participants and each person in the swap gets a card from everyone else...so we all have every one's information and a picture of them. I'm excited to get 16 cards from other consultants...not everyone has their pix on the forum, so I can't put a "face" with the all the names.

So here's a sneak peek of part of my card...I won't post the whole thing until the swap is complete and everyone gets theirs in hand :) I wanted to make it relevant to Alaska, so I used some old Cloud 9 Frost papers I had from last year. I cut the snowflakes out with the Cuttlebug and Sizzix dies from Stampin' Up!, then added Ranger Stickles . I just love these stickles...but I need to use them a bit more to get better at it! Oh, and to make it easy to adhere the papers and card stock to the front of the Rolodex card, I used another Sizzix die from Stampin' Up! on the Cuttlebug (sure was nice not having to trim around those little notches!).

No comments: