Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Some "ME" work

Have I posted that I started running with a friend of mine? Last fall a friend of mine asked me to join her in a "Walk to Run" class, so I did. Ugh, I really don't like running...especially around a track or on a treadmill...for those of you who do that, HOW do you do it?!?!? BLAH!!! But, I found that I enjoy running with my friend. We talk the whole time...yes, we talk while we run. It's not easy, but I really enjoy it. She is a really good friend of mine (Erica's God Mother) and it's a great way for us to stay connected and good for us to encourage each other to live a healthy (or healthier) life style.

So we JUST started running and all of a sudden Cecile says, "let's run a marathon." Double ugh! I do NOT run enough each week to feel like I'll be able to meet that. I'd like to try a half marathon though. So, in order to reach that goal, you need to take baby steps, right? Well, we ran our first 5K together...the Frostbite Footrace on Feb 28. We ran it without stopping (except for having to tie shoes), so that was a plus. BUT, we finished REALLY slow...I'm not giving you the time except to say that it was a double digit mile.

Here's a layout I did of ME...I rarely scrap myself, so this is BIG for me. Enjoy...and wish me luck in my endeavor!

3 comments:

Dalon said...

oh this is GREAT!!!!!! am so glad you not only scrapped yourself, but you're getting outside!!! running??? surely you're crazy ... but I like you just the way you are :-) I'm with you - running isn't my thing - but it is good to take care of yourself, and being outside is even BETTER!!! enjoy :-)

DebbieS said...

YOU GO GIRLS....

beckyjune said...

Good for you!! I really need to get myself motivated to do more exercise. I don't like the treadmill, either, but need to do something.