Sunday, July 26, 2009

40 below

I think I mentioned that when we went to Fairbanks last month we went into a 40 below room. Yes, I paid $10 to experience what 40 degrees below zero was like...but it was soooo cool (ha...cold!). We went into a giant freezer and the guy thru up a glass a water that evaporated in less than a second. Then he hammered a nail with a banana. He also showed us a jar of motor oil...all the vehicles have to be plugged in so they don't freeze. I remember watching a special about the fire engines in Fairbanks. But I digress...

So here's the layout I made. Check out the thermostat...it really says 40 below! Thank goodness they had parkas we could wear. After just a minute in the room Erica was ready to leave. I used the AC Bailey July KOTM (summer papers) on this layout, and I think it works. I also used some Thickers for the title.

1 comment:

Dalon said...

oh I love the colors you chose!!! and also how you made the photo look :-) I hate I missed last night :-( the boys and I got crafty anyway - interesting about hte 40 below room - you need to get out more! ha!! (we ride at Lake Louise and that 40 below is quite interesting!!!! ha!)