Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Scrapping and Friendship

I had my monthly crop this weekend...what a blast. It was so good to see friends and get caught up on things...scrapping is a social event for me!!! And I actually got some scrapping done myself. OK, so "some" is considered a single 2-pg layout. And just before the crop I did a layout, too...the magical Santa Claus House layout. That one needs a little journaling, too. I printed the blog entry and am going to put that as hidden journaling behind the photo grouping so little eyes won't "learn" too early. I'm trying to do more hand written journaling than just the standard "who, what, when, where" stuff.

So here's the soccer layout. I was never a real big fan of the WRMK papers from last summer (so bright and busy), but the title, paper, and eyelet were perfect...plus Queen and Co soccer ball felt borders. By the way, if you ever use the Queen and Co felt borders, they are self adhesive...BUT, DO NOT REMOVE THE BACKING. The felt shape gets distorted when you remove the backing. Keep the backing on and use a liquid glue like Zip Dry (love this stuff!). It dries quick and clear!


Excuse the poor photos of the layouts...one of these days I'll get better at it or go back to my scanner.

2 comments:

Dalon said...

just keep posting your layouts!!!! they look fine - we're just interested in seeing the colors and placement of things (so we can COPY it!! ha!!) thanks so much for Saturday - I had a great time again!! (love your profile pic!!)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the first of July reminder and then I still forgot to go online to order. Love the July KOTM and hope to do some scrapping myself this weekend...by the Alaskan sunlight at midnight!!!

Your soccer layout is my inspiration for a lot of the flowers I want to scrap. Good placement ideas.