Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Another Digital Layout

I don't think I wrote about the digital kit and how I learned to do the digital layout in my "first digital layout" post. So let me do that for a minute....

ACBailey has some digital kits for Beginners. These kits are AWESOME to help you get started. They have papers, embellishments, and instructions. The cool thing is there are videos on the CDs. So I opened up Photoshop and created a layout with the elements in my kit as I followed the video. It worked really well. I'm still learning how to maneuver thru the program, but I feel like I "get it."
I got a newsletter from a scrappy friend of mine and liked the design of one of the layouts...so I decided to lift it in digital form. Well, I haven't moved over all my photos from my old laptop, so all I have downloaded right now are blueberry picking pictures...but they actually work OK with the colors. The funny thing about when we went blueberry picking the girls probably spent more time playing in the creak than they did picking berries...thank goodness Jeff went up the south slope cuz he came back with half a bucket full of berries. So here's my second layout. I'm having fun...but I can't wait to get my new order from ACBailey because I ordered a second digital kit that has more subdued papers and lots more elements...stay tuned!!!

No comments: