Friday, August 21, 2009

Family Breakfast

Erica starts First Grade next week. She's really been feeling like a big girl lately and likes to do things that big girls do. This year for Mother's Day, she wanted to make me breakfast all by herself. The night before she asked what my favorite breakfast was. I told her it was breakfast burritos. She can't make those by herself, so she asked what my second favorite breakfast was. I knew what she was angling for so I started to mess with her...I said a breakfast sandwich. Finally she asked if I liked oatmeal. I said, no, not really (but I do). The next morning she comes in to wake me up and says she's going to make breakfast. I went downstairs to "document it." She did, in fact, make me breakfast, with minimal help from Daddy...and no egg shells! Here's the layout, which I lifted and tweaked from a layout at the LSS in Anchorage (it got two thumbs up from Jeff cuz it has LOTS of pictures).And yes...you guessed it...this, too, uses the ACBailey August Kit of the Month and the same set of Thickers (I had to alter an M for the R and a V to make an A). The title tag, ribbon, and chipboard are from the exclusive add-on kit. I inked the chipboard to make them a little subdued. I also inked a heart from the acrylic sheet on the first page. The pieces on this layout don't show it, but some of the chipboard pieces have glitter on them...they're really pretty!!!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Did she make the buritto's or oatmeal? You Definately got your money's worth out of this KOTM, huh?