Monday, August 10, 2009

First Digital Layout

I got a new computer this weekend. One of the things I've been wanting to try is digital scrapbooking. I have had Photoshop for over a year and have never used it...other than for photo editing. So I loaded it onto my new laptop and tried my hand at the digi world. It takes a little getting used to, but I'm getting the hang of it. I think it helped that I bought a disk with papers, embellishments, and TUTORIALS!!! The kit I used is from the Digital Scrapbook Memories Beginner Series, and is the Back to School set. I'm planning on getting more use out of it in a few weeks...hee, hee.

So here's my first layout. We went blueberry picking with Mike, Nicole, and Bella at Arctic Valley. The pickin's were scarce, so the girls ended up playing in a creek. Sorry, I didn't include a pix of Bella with Erica, I'll do that on a paper layout. Thanks for looking...and hopefully I'll do more of this in the future.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Yeah!for you for starting with digital layouts~and this one is so vibrant and colorful. Good choice for your first one. One of these days I'll give it a try.

Dalon said...

oh this is fantastic!!!!! neat that you're playing with the digi stuff ... I'm not there yet ... but trying it sounds like fun! ;-)

Nicole said...

That turned out too cute! I'll have to see it in person too, but i love the colors!