Sunday, August 2, 2009

Mt. Baldy

Jeff has been training for his elk hunt this fall. He has been running and hiking up Mt Baldy in Eagle River. Soon, he'll start his trek back to Icicle Creek (several miles into the Chugach National Park). Erica has really wanted to run with both of us. We had her ride her bike as we ran thru the neighborhood and she kept up really well. One day she asked if she could RUN with us. We said OK and Jeff stayed with her as I continued to run. She did pretty well. Then Jeff asked her if she wanted to join him on a hike up Mt Baldy...she jumped at the opportunity. So one beautiful weekend in July we went as a family. Erica really surprised us on that trip. I was taking it slow for her, but she wanted to go, go go. We made it to "the flat spot" just before it got really steep, but it was a success. They've been up several more times on their own. I'm sure one of these days (soon), she'll make it all the way to the top.

So this is a layout I made of the first trip up. I used the ACBailey July KOTM again. Originally I was going to try and use this layout for the monochromatic challenge, but I don't think it qualifies since I added white letters, journaling, and flowers. Oh, well. And as I look at the uploaded pix, it's a bit faded out due to the flash...sorry. I modified a layout from Scrapbook Trends again.This is layout #4 using the KOTM. And while the July KOTM was a summer themed kit, I used it for a cold theme, an animal theme, a sports theme, and now a general outdoor theme. I just love how versatile these kits are. Stay tuned next month for layouts using the Aug kit. The papers are a little more masculine and I think they also have a family/vintage look. Hopefully I'll get some time to scrap so I can showcase the kit.

No comments: