Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Denali Shades of Summer

OK, that title is deceiving! AC Bailey did a Shades of Summer fun thing...we sent a funky pair of shades around the country and everyone took pictures of themselves and then did a layout with the pix. As you know, I rarely scrap myself...there are MUCH more fun subjects than me, but what a great opportunity for me to do it!!!

Oh, and for the rest of the deceiving title...once a year, Denali National Park opens up and allows private vehicles to drive thru the park. You apply for the lottery in July and two weekends after Labor Day you get to do the drive (Thur - Sun...THEY pick the day, but you prioritize your request). Well, we got drawn...YEAH!!! So we went last weekend. And we totally got lucky. The Alaskans reading the blog know how few days a year Mt McKinley (the tallest mountain in North America) can be seen...and we saw it! The morning started out VERY foggy, but it cleared by the time we got to polychrome pass (ugh...I was soooo nervous driving the pass!!!). We kept going and got some really good pix. Here's the layout:I did this for a the A is for Apple challenge at ACBailey. I think I got all the elements in it: design it according to a sketch provided, use only pattern paper or only cardstock (I used pattern paper), stamp, punch, and cut something, use red, buttons, ribbon, and hand journal. Whew...

1 comment:

Debbie said...

This is in my top five favs.... glad to see you in the layout, the title fits perfectly and what a neat idea to send the sunglasses around! Congrats on seeing the mountain.