Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My Fearless Daughter

I went to an all-day crop for two days after Thanksgiving. That left Jeff and Erica to fend for themselves both days. It isn't too hard for them to keep busy, though. One day Jeff took Erica to a local school with a pool, diving board, and water slide. Usually the water slide is the exciting part of the trip. BUT, this day it was actually the diving board.

As the story was told to me, she was in line and watched a boy in front of her do a flip off the diving board. After watching him, she decided she wanted to give it a try...and did. WOW, she taught herself to do a flip off the diving board!!! And I missed it!!! Now she says she's ready to ride the big roller coasters with me because she likes going upside down doing flips. I guess we'll find out if she's *really* ready in a few weeks at Disney World.Oh, and these pictures are from the day after Christmas. This is another sketch from Cathy's Design Your Life class. And I used more papers from the Pink Paislee Cupid line and Making Memories charms (the January kit from My Scrapbook Nook), and the title is cut from the Cricut using the Graphically Speaking cartridge.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Way to Go Erica...I Wish I was as Brave as You! I never conquered my fear of the diving board but I love the roller coasters, especially the old creaky wooden ones.
Have fun at Disney World!